What should you do if your York home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system protects your property – and your loved ones – against the multitude of risks you may face, like theft, flooding, and fire. Despite the fact that your home may be ready, that doesn’t mean you are. Do you know what to do if your York home alarm system goes off? The sound of an alarm is likely to be jarring, disorienting, and could incite panic. Your best choice is to stay level-headed and follow these easy guidelines.
Steps to Take Whenever Your Home Alarm System In York Sounds
You don’t want to be in this predicament, but it’s also why you installed a home alarm system from the outset. You’re awakened in the wee hours of the morning with the unmistakable blasting of an alarm after a home security component has been triggered. So what should you do?
- Try not to panic. This is simple to say but harder to accomplish when your home security alarm is blasting, and your pulse is racing. But keeping a cool head is the best way to evaluate the situation. Avoid the impulse of trying to handle the emergency alone and permit your monitoring staff and first responders to perform their job.
- Protect your family members. Your primary concern should be your loved ones and moving them to safety. In the event of a break-in, this might include proceeding to a designated secure area as far away from access points as possible. The intruder was in all likelihood already turned away by the alarm, but it’s always wise to take extra precaution. If there’s smoke or a blaze, please exit your house without delay.
- Remember your phone. Most individuals keep their phones with them all the time these days, but you may fail to grab it during an emergency. You’ll want to have it. You’ll be able to stay connected with your monitoring experts and receive updates through your home security app.
Connect With Your 24-hour Monitoring Team
The moment your home alarm system in York goes off, your round-the-clock monitoring specialists will act immediately. The first move is to confirm your alarm, and that includes getting in contact with you. The guideline they abide by depends on the type of emergency. For example, when the emergency is of a medical nature, a single attempt will be made to reach you before first responders are sent out. If you’re dealing with a break-in - the most frequent sort of alarm - a monitoring agent will adhere to these procedures to get in touch with you:
- An attempt will be made to communicate with you via the touchscreen interface. You will generally be asked for a passcode.
- If that attempt doesn’t get a response, a call is made to your primary contact number.
- A second number or your first contact person is attempted next.
- If there still isn’t an answer, nearby police officers are deployed.
- Your monitoring specialists will attempt to reach you again after emergency personnel are alerted.
If you're not in a situation where you can communicate with monitoring staff, don't worry. Support will still be dispatched even if you're unable to substantiate the emergency.
Prepare for any crisis with a Vivint home alarm system in York
Be prepared for any situation with a modern home alarm system in York from Vivint. Call (717) 973-7710 to begin the customization of your home’s protection today.