Tips to cut down on false alarms in York
False alarms are an actual problem for your home’s security. They're not only costly and time-consuming, but they might even lower the confidence you have in your equipment. Fortunately, you may do a number of things to minimize false alarms from your York sensors and alarms.
First, be sure that all components are set up properly. This will probably seem like a no-brainer, but it frequently happens that simple miscues trigger false alarms. For the next step, keep an eye on possible sources of false alarms, such as a back door that might be kept ajar mistakenly. And of course, you should try to incorporate the many options like home automation and geotracking to cut down on false alarms in York.
Could it be really that easy? Read on and discover for yourself.
Many false alarms in York can be avoided
Just like you would address any issue, the first thing to do is review the owner’s instruction booklet. Ensure all alarms and sensors are installed appropriately from your end by:
- Performing a system analysis through your smart hub touchscreen.
- Manually evaluate each sensor to make sure it didn't get knocked out of place or need fresh batteries.
- Check your schedules and presets to ensure that your alarms aren’t engaging at inopportune times.
- Be certain that all integrated smart devices are incorporated correctly and aren't interfering with your system.
Call your customer service representative if you still have issues cutting down false alarms in your York system. They'll be happy to dispatch a trained expert to examine your equipment.
Investigate your doors and windows
When your system appears to be alright, the ensuing step is to do a sweep of your residence. Are all your windows and doors tightly secured, or do you find some mistakenly open? If an access point is left unlatched, it might activate an activated sensor. If it just so happens that your household consistently forgets to shut an entrance, you can install a smart lock that secures automatically when the alarm goes live. Unfortunately, windows require more physical effort, particularly if you have a loved one who enjoys to rest with an open window. Thankfully, your Vivint alarm system makes it a breeze to turn off that sensor while still guarding the remaining areas of the property.
Smart home automation can be a great way to cut down on false alarms in York
One of the best ways to reduce the chance of false alarms is to incorporate automation into your security system. When utilizing your Vivint app, have the ability to:
- Arrange a schedule to disengage the alarm when you’re on site and avert false alarms that result from mistakenly unlocking an entry point. Then have it automatically engage again at night as you start your bedtime routine.
- Program the alarm to disarm as your smart locking mechanism is activated with the correct PIN.
- Use geotracking to arm your system when you leave the premises, then disengage when you come back to the house.
- Get smartphone alerts when your implements sense unusual activity or have need of a battery change.
- Connect your equipment to a smart assistant like Google Home or Alexa, so you can operate your system without the smartphone app or your touchscreen.
Cut down on false alarms in York when you get a Vivint smart home installation
Increased command over your alarm system means less chance of false alarms. To customize your Vivint smart home, call (717) 973-7710 or send in the form on this page.