Tips for using the Vivint Smart Hub in your York smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the heart of your home’s security system as it links your cameras, security sensors, thermostats, and locks into one unified system. This intuitive, 7-inch color touchscreen puts you in full charge of your York home’s automation and security. See what it can do and check out recommendations to get started.
How can you benefit from the Vivint Smart Hub in York?
Connecting wirelessly to devices with radio wave transmissions and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the control system for your property. You may arm your system, program lights, set the temperature, and more. If incorporating a doorbell camera, you may even chat with whoever’s at your front door. The Vivint Smart Hub includes a backup battery and cellular capability to ensure reliable performance. It also gives you complete remote operability with the Vivint mobile app.
Here are some of the duties you can execute:
- Check current or recorded video from your linked security cameras
- Disarm or arm your home’s security
- Toggle lights on or off
- Close or open your garage door
- Adjust your thermostat’s temperature
- Communicate directly to monitoring agents
You can get even more creative with your Vivint Smart Hub in York by implementing schedules or creating preferences. To illustrate, you could have your smart thermostat change automatically every night at a particular time. Or, you can incorporate rules like having your doors unlock whenever the smoke alarm trips.
Steps for arming and disarming your system
Before you jump into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can accomplish, you’ll need to grasp how to arm and disarm your system. It’s simple - just follow these instructions:
- Touch the shield icon on the home screen and swipe to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay means you will be in the home and arms all devices besides interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away signifies you will be away, and all sensors in your home will engage.
- To disarm, just swipe down on the shield icon and input your PIN.
You’ll observe a message if something is preventing the system from arming. For example, an open window will prompt you to take action. Note that you may still arm your home’s security by using the above steps. You will then have to verify that you would like to ignore the sensor in question.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in York
Despite the fact that various users can be entered when you first get your system, you will likely want to add an additional user at some point. Here’s how to do it.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) on the bottom right of the home screen.
- Press “Users” and input your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Select “Name,” provide the new user, and press the Next button.
- If you would like to give the user remote capability, choose phone or email and provide the info to send an request.
- Choose Next and then create a PIN for the added user.
- To take out a user, simply proceed to the menu, tap users, choose the user you want to remove, and then select “Delete User.”
Add security and convenience to your home with Vivint
Do you want to take control of your home’s automation and security via an easy-to-use touchscreen console? You’ll love the Vivint Smart Hub and your new York security system. Contact (717) 973-7710 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.